Cookies and how we use them?
Any sensitive information in these cookies are encoded so that only Giottus can interpret the information stored on them. The cookies are placed for the following purposes:
1. Recognize you as a Giottus customer.
2. Keeping a track of the session to facilitate your future use of the site and to identify if you join a registration pipeline.
3. Collect information about your computer to mitigate risk and help prevent fraud,
4. Collect User information including App usage, visits to the App or website and other User generated information
5. Customize your experience, content, and advertising, and
6. Measure promotional effectiveness.
7. Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Giottus' content, products and services.
8. Giottus also collects information that your browser sends whenever User visits its site. This information may include information such as the device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (with replaced last byte), browser type, browser version, the pages of Giottus site that User visits, the time and date of visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
How do I manage my cookie preferences?
Should you decide to prevent cookies from being stored in your browser, please note that you may not be able to use some of the key features on our website. However, you will still be able to make basic hotel searches.
If you would like to monitor or prevent cookies from being set in your browser, you can modify your browser settings to receive notifications whenever cookies are being used or to completely block the storage of cookies. You may also delete cookies that are already stored in your browser. Where to find these settings depends on your browser. Using your browser’s “Help” section, you will be able to locate these settings.
More information about cookies
i) First party cookies
A type of cookie that is set by the site the user is visiting and can only be read by that site.
ii) Third party cookies
iii) Session cookies
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are stored in the user’s browser until they close their browser window – at which point the session cookies are cleared.
iv) Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are used for repeat visitors and are kept in the user’s browser for a set period of time (usually a year or longer). These cookies are not cleared when the browser is closed. This type of cookie is used to recall user preferences so that every time a site is visited, the user’s preferred settings are automatically provided.